. Please quote us lowest price C.I.F. Los Angeles inclusive of our 5% commission, stating the earliest date of shipment.
请报洛杉矶包括我方5% 佣金在内的最低到岸价格,并告知最早的 装船日期。
2. In view of our long-standing business relationship, we would likeallow you another 2% commission for further promotion of our products.
考虑到我们之间长期的贸易关系,我们愿再给你方百分之二的佣金, 以进一步推销我们的产品。
3. We shall remit you a 5% commission of invoice value after paymenteffected.
货款支付后,我们将按发票金额的百分之五汇给你方佣金。
4. We request youdeduct our commission from the invoice.
我们请求你方从发票中扣除我们的佣金。
5. Please grant us a 4% commission as a special consideration.
请特殊照顾给我们百分之四的佣金。
6. We usually pay our agents a 5% commission of the value for each deal.
通常我们支付给代理人的佣金是每笔交易达成金额的百分之五。
7. We could make an arrangement with you, not a special discount.
我方可以与你方协商,但并不是特殊折扣。
8. Moreover, when other customers getknow it, they are likelyraise questions.
而且,其他客户知道的话,他们很可能会提意见的。
9. Usually we pay commission on the basis of C.I.F. value.
我们通常按C.I.F.价格支付佣金。
0. A five-percent commission will certainly help you in pushing your sales.
百分之五的佣金肯定会有助于你们的销售。
. From other suppliers, we get a higher commission rate for the business in this line.
对这类产品的交易,我们从其他供货者那里可得到更高的佣金。
2. We regret that we ca allow you a 5% commission.
很抱歉,我们不能给你百分之五的佣金。
3. We will give you back a 5% commission by check.
我们将用支票支付你方百分之五的佣金。
4. We are anxiousknow your usual practice in giving commission.
我们急于想知道你方付佣金的惯例。
5. I’m afraid it goes against the usual commercial practice notallow a commission.
不给佣金恐怕有悖于商业惯例吧。
6. It’s really impossible for usmake any concession by allowing you any commission.
在给你们的佣金问题上,我们真的不可能作出任何让步。
7. As commission agents we do business on a commission basis.
作为佣金代理商,我们是以佣金为基础做生意的。
8. We wishbe your agent in our district if the commission ratefavorable.
如佣金率优惠,我们愿意做你方在我们地区的代理。
9. You may invoice the goods at contract price minus 3% commission.
你们可以按合同价格减去百分之三的佣金开发票。
20. The commission shall be paid either by means of goods covered under this contract or by check.
佣金可用合同项下的货物支付,也可用支票支付。
B. Discount
. We give a ten percent discount for cash payment.
对于现金付款,我们给九折优惠。
2. Right now, jeans are at a discount.
现在牛仔裤打折销售。
3. We are preparedallow you a special discount of 5%compen- sate for the trouble we have caused.
我们准备给予你们百分之五的特别折扣,以补偿给你方所造成的不便。
4. The highest discount we can allow you on this article0%.
这种商品我们所能给的最高折扣是百分之十。
5. We have replaced the broken glassware. In addition, we offered the customer a 4% discount.
破碎的玻璃器皿我们已更换。另外,我们给客户百分之四的折扣。
6. We hopeenlarge our trade with your country and intendgrant you a 5% discount.
我们希望扩大与贵国的贸易,并准备给你方百分之五的折扣。
7. Having given it a further thought, we think that 5% special dis- count on price will help you enlarge your trade in Africa.
经过深入地考虑,我们认为百分之五的特别折扣将有助于你们扩大 在非洲的贸易。
8. We are preparedallow you a special discount of 3% if your order exceeds $5,000.
如你方订单额超过五千美元,我们准备给予百分之三的特别折扣。
9. A discount can be deducted from the unit price.
折扣可从单价中扣除。
0. The 5% discount can be deducted from the L/C and after shipment we will send you a checkcover the 3% commission.
百分之五的折扣可从开立的信用证中扣除。装运后,我方会再寄给 你们支票支付百分之三的佣金。
. To be frank with you, a discount of 4% would help very much.
坦率地说,百分之四的折扣帮助不大。
2. We usually get 5%0% discount from our suppliers.
我们通常从供货商那儿获得百分之五至百分之十的折扣。
3. If your orderlarge enough, we can allow you a higher discount on our price.
如你方订购量很大,我们可以给更高的折扣。
4. Because of their poor quality, we havesell the goods at a 5% discount.
由于品质低劣,我们不得不降价百分之五出售货物。
5. It was only after much persuasion that the buyer finally agreedaccept the goods at a discount of 0% off the quoted price.
经过反复劝说,买方最后才同意按报价打九折收下货物。
Conversations
Dialogue
A: Hello, Mr. Kubat.am gladmeet you here at the fair.
B: Likewise. Take a seat, please. How about a cup of tea?
A: Good. Thank you. It seems your businessprosperous. So many customers here.
B: Yes, not too bad. Our sales are going up year after year. And we still have a large potential production capacity.
A: Well, do you think of choosing a commission representative or agent abroadpromote your sales?
B: That’s a good idea. So far, we have several agents abroad.
A: We are willingbe your agent in Thailand for hand-tools. What’s your idea?
B: It coincides with our desire.
A: Then, what’s your usual commission rate for your agents?
B: Usually, we give a commission of 3%our agents.
A: 3%too low,think. You see, we have a lot of workdo in promoting the sales, such as advertising on radio or TV, printing booklets, leaflets, catalogues and so on. It all costs. 3%not enough.
B: Do worry. We’ll allow you a higher commission rate if your sales score a substantial increase.
A: You meansay……
B: Now, if you sell US$ 2 million worth of hand-tools annually, we can only allow 3% commission. If the annual turnover exceeds US$ 5 million, you can get 5% commission. What do you think of that?
A: It sounds OK. Then how do you pay the commission?
B: We may deduct the commission from the invoice value directly or remit ityou after payment.
A: All right. If itokay,we would likesign an agency agreement with you immediately.
B: Think it over. We hopekeep a good business relationship with you.
A: Mr. Kirkman, I’ve considered the offer you made me yesterday.must point out that your pricemuch higher than other offers we’ve received.
B: Well, it may appear a little higher, but the quality of our productsmuch better than that of other suppliers. You must take this into consideration.
A:agree with you on this point. That’s why we like doing business with you. This timeintendplace a large order but businessalmost impossible unless you give me a discount.
B: If so, we’ll certainly give you a discount. But how largethe order you intendplace with us?
A: 80,000 sets with a discount rate of 20%.
B:am afraidcan not agreesuch a big discount. Such a discount wo leave us anything. Our maximum0%.
A: Oh, Mr. Kirkman, you see, with such a large order on hand, you need worry anymore. You do havetake in new orders. Think it over. We are old friends.
B: Considering the long-standing business relationship between us, we shall grant you a special discount of 0%. As you know, we do business on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
A: Yes,also hope we do business on mutually beneficial basis. But 0% discountnot enough for such a big order.
B: Only for very special customers do we allow them a rate of 0% discount. Besides, the price of this product tendsgo up. Therea heavy demand for it.
A: Yes,know the present tendency. Anyhow, let’s meet each other halfway, how about 5%?
B: You are a real businesswoman! All right,agreegive you a 5% discount provided you order 00,000 sets.
. potential production capacity/potential market 潜在生产力/潜在市场
2. It’s really impossible for usmake any concession by allowing you any commission. 我们真的很难在佣金问题上作出任何让步。
make concession 意为“做出让步”
例:I do think I’ll make any concession in this matter.
我想我不会在这件事情上做出任何让步。
3. pay
a.付(款项,费用,索赔等)
We believe you will pay our draft on presentation.
我们相信你方在见到我方汇票时即照付。
b. 合算,划算
It does paybuy in small quantities. 小量购买不合算。
c. 给予
Special attention should be paidthe outer packaging. 要特别注意外包装。
4. agree
a. agree(to 为介词)对建议、办法、条件等同意或接受
We agreeyour terms of payment. 我们同意你的付款条件/付款方式。
b. agree(to 为不定式)
We agreeopen (establish) L/C at once. 我们同意立即开立信用证。
c. agree with 同意某人的意见,一致
He agrees with whatsay. 他同意我所说的。
d. agree on (upon) 双方同意或商定
We agreed on sharing the expenses. 我们同意分担费用。
e. agree (后可接 that 从句,其中 that可省略)
We agree that extra expenses arebe borne by both parties.
我们同意额外费用由双方承担。
A Specimen Letter
Letter One
Dear Sir:
We have received your letter of Jan. 2th, regarding commission on the sale of the above-mentioned goods.
As a rule, we usually grant 3% commission on this particular article. However, considering the difficulty you may meet with and your efforts in pushing sales of our products, we agreeraise your commission5%, in orderhelp you open the market at your end.
Your letter of April 20th inquiring about the discountto hand.
As a rule, we do not grant any discount for small orders. However in regardyour order thatsufficiently large this time, we shall be pleasedgive you a 6% discount, but thisnotbe taken as a precedent.
As you are perhaps aware, our lighters are good in quality and cheap in price. So it payspurchase from us in large quantities.
We shall welcome youBeijing again and will do all we canmake your stay a pleasure one. We look forwardsigning the contract with you at an early date.